An unusual system for assembly of the case resulting from the onyx material used in the main body. The system was often executed by Cartier but few others.
Founded in Paris, France in 1847 by Louis-François Cartier, the company remained under family control until 1964. It maintains its headquarters in Paris and is now a fully owned subsidiary of Richemnont SA .
Please click on the images below to enlarge and to read additional information.
Circular engine turned style dial with black Roman numerals and blued steel hands. The movement is loaded into the watch case from the front of the watch through the gold and enamelled ring which is inturn locked in place with the four screws set into the 4 flower patterns at 12, 3, 6, 9.
The movement is signed European Watch and Clock Company. In the early 1920s. Cartier formed a joint company with Edward Jaeger (of Jaeger-LeCoultre) to produce movements solely for Cartier. The European Watch and Clock company born, Cartier continued to use movements from other makers including Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piguet, Movado and LeCoultre.
The case is 48mm in diameter and, the movement made in German silver.
To learn more about Cartier click on www.en.cartier.com
Watch lent for deconstruction by